Thursday, December 29, 2011

This Will Not Kill Me Either

I walked in hell, for a time.
I smiled with tears in my mouth, for a time.
I almost choked on my despair, for a time.
The bittersweet demons of my past still peer from perched precipices
And I wonder when that time will pass.
Or is it always present, the past?
Does it ever dissipate?
This taste, putrid
This sorrow, maddening
Your touch, beautiful
Your face, serene
It is what I seek, that serenity
It is what I need, your touch.
But you are ephemeral, or so it seems.
Our love transitory, or so it seems.
Where are you now, my beloved?
Your departure was cruel, a vanishing act.
Violence is sweeter than this abrupt ending, this void.
I thought I had found my eternity, with you.
But, alas, it was a mirage.
But do not fret, my dear.
My heart has weathered much harsher tragedy.
This will not kill me either.

1 comment:

  1. This poem's speaker should try eHarmony. I fear the speaker has not met his/her match.

    ReplyDelete